Thursday, July 1, 2010

History of the Republic of the Philippines

Before the class started I notice that there are only few of us that had attended the class maybe because of the heavy rain that night and I also notice that our professor did dot give us instructions to be seated in a one big circle, instead she discussed in a way that all of us is facing to her. At the start of the class our professor already told us that the lesson that we are going to discuss that night is kinda boring and I find that true. That night I learned new things about the history of our country and I also remember some of the details that flash the power point. During the 19th Century the Philippines had entered into trade in exporting agricultural economy, some of the products are tobacco, sugar, hemp and copra. During the early time in southeast Asia the printing press had increased their literacy but at the same time disseminate ideas, during that time they are not allowed to published right away. I remembered that our professor told us that in china one of his friend got caught because in some countries you are not allowed to open any sites without any consent or a reasonable explanation why you are opening it because some sites are censored if you tried to open it the next day some one will come knock on your door and will ask you a few question not like in our country we are free to open open sites without any reasonable explanation why you are opening it. During the whole period in my mind I think that all the things that we know now is inherited from other culture, what I mean is that we learn new things from different people and apply it to ours. One of the things that is new to me in that lesson is that the Jabidah Massacre where this two brothers where trained to recover Sabah because as we all know the Philippines is claiming that saba is ours and instead of recovering Sabah the two brothers were massacred. The Dovie Beam Scandal, dovie beam is the girl of Marcos and because dovie is so wise and she know that marcos is also wise she put a camera and showing that I think both of them is having an affair so that the whole world will see who Marcos is. This two issues are really new to new maybe because I was not yet born during that time but the Truth is I really don't like the marcos period the fact that many people died during the martial law and also during that time there were no freedom and nothing to eat so what will they do they will just wait until they die?. I think that Martial law was one of the most saddest part of the Philippine history, so teenagers like me is so lucky that during Martial Law we were not yet born that time. I also learned that all the offices in the government should have a role in our country and they are not only build to be a model but to work for us filipino people.

No comments:

Post a Comment